Thursday, July 15, 2010

Off to Omega Again

"Off to Omega Again"

Well I am off to “The Omega Institute for Holistic Studies”, tomorrow.

For those of you who don’t know what Omega is, picture a commune of the 60’s updated to the 2010’s. It is a wonderfully relaxing place in Rhinebeck, NY, where I have gone for the past 7 years to take classes by amazingly gifted people.

I attribute my “Spiritual Evolution” to my experiences there
(nice how I dropped in the title of my book, even before it is published…
heck! Before it is even finished!... ) but I digress…

I have been to classes there with
Dr. Brian Weiss http://www.brianweiss.com author of “Many Lives, Many Masters”,
who I learned how to do Past Life Regressions from
and who’s week long class started me on my “Journey”;

Neale Donald Walsch, http://www.nealedonaldwalsch.com
author of the “Conversations with God” series
who opened my eyes to the possibility that
you don’t have to be “religious” to be spiritual and believe in God;

Raymond Moody http://www.lifeafterlife.com who introduced me to life between and after lives;

Suzane Northrop http://www.northstar2llc.com/theseance author and Psychic/Medium who broke down my hard-core cynicism about all things that are new-age

and

Last but far from least, John Holland, http://www.johnholland.com author, teacher and psychic/Medium extraordinaire!
Who took me from skeptic
to believer
to a practicing Psychic/Medium.
John had the faith in me during 2 separate classes to bring me on stage to “read” (give messages to people from their deceased loved ones) for the class.
I was about as nervous as I have ever been,
but with his guidance, I gave fairly good readings, but more importantly,
I started to grow spiritually into who I am today

(if you read this, John… I will be eternally [and that’s a long time] grateful for your devotion to spirit and your expertise in not only Mediumship but in teaching [Kudos from one teacher to another]).
His new book “The Spirit Whisperer” is a must read for anyone who is the least bit curious about psychic phenomenon.

Sometimes, being at Omega makes me feel a little uncomfortable.
Being an old New Yorker and having everyone there,
walking around nodding and smiling at you,
the cynical, street wise, Ex-Brooklyner in me thought that
I was in a place where they must be putting Thomasine in the drinking water;
everyone was sooo mellow.

Eventually this old city boy chilled out and soon I was nodding and smiling, like everyone else.
I was walking around saying “Good Morning” to everyone;
the kids that worked there,
the other students,
the chipmunks, the squirrels, but when I said good morning to on old Oak tree,
I knew I had had enough and I’d better leave!

Well as I said, I’m off to Omega again in about 12 hours from now.

I will be having a weekend workshop with James Van Praagh, http://www.vanpraagh.com Author, Executive Producer of the TV series “Ghost Whisperer” and world renounced Psychic/Medium.
If I learn half as much as I have learned from John Holland’s workshop, I’m in for a treat!

Hopefully, I can put these new learning’s to good use and considering the last reading I had, I could use some new teachings.

The next entry will be a 2 part article titled “Sometimes You Win; Sometimes You Lose”.
It will be about the reading I have just referred to.
Suffice to say it was not the best work I have done but I sure learned from it.

I will keep you informed as to my “Mediumship” progress.

No comments: